Saturday, August 04, 2007



Okay! I neglected to come back and tell you about my lunch that was filmed for a television show. The picture that appears first in this post is Porterhouse Restaurant, which is located in The Shops at Columbus Circle, in New York City.

My good friend and I lunched here this past Thursday, after our visit to The View. We walked down from the ABC studios, past Juilliard, and ended up at The Shops at Columbus Circle. Once we were there, we looked around for a food court. Well, ya'll, there is no food court to be found at THIS mall. And I don't really think the folks who are in charge of The Shops... would appreciate me calling it a mall anyway.

Moving on! So we discover that there is a restaurant in the top floor of the building. We take the escalator up, and walk ourselves over to the entrance to the restaurant. Noticing a piece of paper taped to the restaurant's door, we are thereby notified that we are granting our permission to be filmed while having our meal. Alrighty then!

The gentleman that you see featured is the GENIUS Chef Michael LoMonaco, who is chef and partner of the Porterhouse Restaurant. You may have seen him on the television show Epicurious, which is shown on the Travel Channel. Check it out!

So we proceed to order our lunch from the Summer 2007 menu, which is a prix fixe at $24.07. Included in our lunch is a choice from each of the three following areas: Appetizer, Entree, and Dessert. The choices that we had were Chilled Gaspacho, Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crisped Croutons, and Endive Salad with Blue Cheese and Walnuts. I had the Endive salad. It was DEELISH!


For the second course, our choices were Porterhouse and Steak Frites, Grilled Salmon, or Chicken Paillard. Now ya'll, I took French for a few years, but the only thing that I could tell you about the chicken choice was that it was "flattened" chicken. Unh unh. I didn't go with flat chicken. I had the steak and fries. It was TOOOOOOO good, too!


Finally, dessert is comin'! Our choices were Key Lime Pie with Coconut Crust, Raspberry Sorbet, or Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Ganache. I went straight for the Devil's Food Cake, and BOY, am I glad I did!


By New York City standards, this meal was a STEAL at twenty-four dollars and change, and, I gotta tell you, I think I enjoyed it more because of the fabulous company I had.

So, if you're ever in NYC, and happen to be by Columbus Circle around lunchtime (only reason I say lunch is because dinner is WAYYYYYYY more expensive, but hey, if you've got the dough, go for it! Just make reservations before you go, is all) GO TO PORTERHOUSE RESTAURANT!

No comments: