Monday, July 23, 2007



Whew! This week has been a whirlwind of activity around our house. We had a good friend from Tennessee come and visit us. During his stay, we visited Coney Island (hence the postcard pic featured in this post), had a few cookouts, roasted marshmallows in our brand-new fire pit (!), went to a Yankees baseball game, and did a few other things during our time with him.

In thinking about his visit, I realized that there are quite a few things that we kind of let fall by the wayside. Since moving from Tennessee about four years ago, I haven't kept in touch with any of the "friends" that I had while I was teaching. It's a shame, really, since during the time we were living in TN, I came to depend upon these folks, since we had no close-by family in the area.

I am glad, though, that my husband has kept in touch with his friend. We were able to laugh and talk, and, most importantly, reminisce about the reasons why he and my husband became friends so many years ago. There is a saying that goes something along the lines of there are those that come into your life for a moment, some for a flash, and others for a lifetime. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could realize those that are only with us for just that flash, or that moment, and make all of it matter so much more? I can think back on instances where I wish I had taken the time to tell that certain someone just how much they meant to me, and now I will never have that opportunity present itself again.

Make sure you make the most of each day you're given, especially since tomorrow is not a given!

No comments: