Monday, March 24, 2008


Happy Easter, everybody!

We decided to "go away" this holiday weekend, and take the chitlins somewhere we had never been before.

So we went to Manahawkin, New Jersey.

Because we are adventurous folks.

Oh yeah.

And because of this...


It seemed that I had been obsessing merely mentioning the fact that I would enjoy going to a Sonic Drive-In and enjoying some of their fine, fried delicacies.

Well.

It seems that the lovely folks at the Sonic headquarters really want EVERYONE in the entire free world to visit their fine establishments. Frankly, I think that some of the world's problems could be solved over an order of Cheesy Tots and a refreshing Cherry Limeade.

But I digress.

So! I had been viewing these absolutely fabulous television commercials extolling the wondrous virtues of the Sonic Drive-In. Which, I might add, I have visited numerous times throughout my life. Seeing as how I was born, raised in, attended college in, began my illustrious career as an educator in, and love with all my heart, THE SOUTH. So! I am familiar with all of the joy that Sonic can offer to an individual.

But.

Once your body/car/vehicle passes over the Mason-Dixon line, and you are physically in "THE NORTH," there ain't no Sonic to be found.

Period.

Unless you go to Waretown, New Jersey.

Which is exactly what my wonderful husband schemed and connived his way to doing for me this past weekend.

We drove for approximately three and a half hours just so I could sit in my husband's truck, eat a hamburger, cheesy fries, drink a Cherry Limeade with extra Cherry, and finish all that off with a Peanut Butter Fudge sundae.

I don't know if that's love or just devotion to a fryer, ya'll.

Either way, it was good beyond belief, and this year's Easter will be one of the more memorable ones. I can guarantee you that!

No comments: