Saturday, August 25, 2007

Well, ya'll! There is some FABYOOLUSS news over at Boomama's blawg (as she so delicately puts it). She and Bigmama recorded their first podcast, and they will be posting it sometime over this weekend. I can't wait to hear it! If you haven't gotten around to visiting with these two HYSTERICAL ladies, then I suggest you do so. NOW.

Secondarily, ya'll need to help me with the following:

1. I am attempting to make myself some Amish Friendship Bread starter. I think I tried to make some when we were still living in Tennessee, but I can't remember if what I was trying to make was actually this stuff or not. So here's where I need the help. The last time I tried to make some starter, it ended up being a moldy gross mess. The more I think about this, the more I think I got the recipe for "Herman" from my mama. Do ya'll know anything about "Herman?"

2. It is almost apple picking time here in upstate New York. This summer, we didn't really can or preserve anything, with the exception of the Wild Black Raspberry jelly that I made a few weeks back. I would like to make some Apple Butter this fall, so does anyone have a recipe that they would like to share? When we were still in Tennessee, Daddy-O and I (this was before chillens, ya'll), took ourselves to the Smoky Mountains, and brought home a bushel of apples, and I made us some homemade apple butter. The recipe that I used called for Red Hots. You remember those? THe little red, circular cinnamon candies? The funny thing about that is the fact that the only place I could find them was the Amoco Gas Station Minit Mart at Exit 4 in Clarksville, Tennessee.

SO! If anyone is so inclined, and would like to share a couple of recipes with me in regards to the above requests, then I would be so very appreciative. Who knows, if we start recipe-sharing, then we could develop an online Potluck Dinner!

Have a great Saturday, and hope to hear from you soon!

No comments: